We’re committed to the preservation and conservation of our national park
Cruise Loch Lomond Ltd is fortunate to operate our business in Scotland’s Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park. Being part of ‘The Park’ we aim to help to conserve & enhance the natural & cultural heritage of the area with effective environmental management procedures throughout the company
Our pledge to our visitors and Loch Lomond
- We will meet all environmental legislation that relate to the company and have all required measures in place to prevent pollution.
- We strive to minimise water and energy consumption by training staff in best practice.
- Wherever possible we use local and Fair-Trade products in order to minimize the environmental impact of both production & distribution.
- We promote energy saving & recycling amongst our visitors, staff & suppliers.
- We encourage our visitors to reduce their environmental impact.
- We use Visit Scotland’s accredited Green Tourism Business Scheme to monitor environmental performance, standards & our own performance.
How do we keep this pledge?
- IT equipment in the office is unpowered at night.
- Printing paper used in the office is 4* Green Star System & paper used in the office is 100% recycled.
- Paper, ink cartridges, coffee pods & mobile phones are all recycled.
- Cleaning products used are biodegradable.
- 90% of tickets are purchased online with no need to print.
- Coach parking is provided encouraging group transportation. We also provide public transport information on our website offering visitors options for reducing car travel to our attraction.
- Staff transport between the Boatyard and main jetties at Tarbet, Luss & Inveruglas is provided, reducing private car usage.
- Spillage kits are at our fuel station to minimise impact of any accidental fuel spillage.
- We collaborate with local agencies & partners such as Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park -encouraging visitors to use the National Park Outdoor Code whilst in the area; Friends of Loch Lomond and the RSPB.
- As Loch Lomond’s founding operator of the Waterbus service we offer a sustainable mode of transport allowing visitors access to the eastern shore of the Loch to participate in walking, hiking, cycling and other outdoor pursuits.